The Donald. Who would have thought. Well, the alt-right did, apparently, which makes them the next Nate Silver, I guess. Good luck with that. The next few days and weeks will be fun as the entire media and political bubble simultaneously tries to come to terms with a Trump presidency and their own misjudgements and miscalculations.
The First Couple-elect (source)
For what it’s worth, pengovsky did maintain that in politics a week is a long time and that the race will be close but yes, I did expect Clinton to ultimately prevail. So maybe it’s best that initial analyses are left to others. Football bloggers seem like a good option.
Having said that, there are a few upsides to the entire connundrum
- The US presidents are term-limited. Unlike, say, Russia
- There will be no Cruz 2020. Probably.
- You no longer have to release your taxes in order to run for high office
- Ditto for meaningful medical records…
- … and the need to have an actual platform (OK, that’s not really news)
- The Donald once again has control of his Twitter account. Those 3 AM meltdowns should be quite spectacular.
- Melania gets to give more speeches.
- We get to blame the Millennials for a while, again.
- Trolls and online bullies will now resume their regular programming.
Other than that, we’re pretty much screwed. But hey, you work with what you have, right?